First Special Service Force 6th CO, 3rd REG, HRS St Louis, MO

Member: 6th Corps Living History Group, St Louis, MO

Force S-2

Forum Home > General Discussion > Congressional Gold Medal

papajoad
Site Owner

There has been more activity on the Congressional Gold Medal. Sen. Max Baucus introduced Senate Bill S789 to award the Congressional Gold Medal to the First Special Service Force. The new Congress, 113th, required a new bill be introduced to continue our efforts to award the CGM to the Force. House Resolution HR324 was introduced by Rep. Jeff Miller and has received tremendous support with 320 Representatives signed on as co-sponsors. The required number needed in the House to advance the bill to committee for approval is 290. It is now time to contact our respective Senators to ask for their support. We need 67 co-sponsors in the Senate to advance the bill to committee for their approval. Please call your Senator’s office in Washington DC as soon as possible to ask for their support on Senate Bill S789. When you call, ask for the Military Legislative Aide or Defense Fellow. Here is a sample of what to say:

My name is _____________, and I live in (City), (State). I am calling to ask Senator _________________ to co-sponsor Senate Bill S789 nominating the First Special Service Force for the Congressional Gold Medal. Currently 320 Representatives and 6 Senators have signed on as co-sponsors. Senator _______________’s support would be greatly appreciated to award the Congressional Gold Medal to these National Heroes. If you have any questions, please contact Laura Rauch in Sen. Baucus’ office at (202) 224-4352 of Jim Parslow in Rep. Miller’s office at (202) 225-5505.

If the Military Legislative Aide or Defense Fellow is unable to speak with you, leave a message with the staff member answering the phone and ask to leave a voicemail on the military aide’s phone.

Attached is a list of Senators and Representatives from each state. Those highlighted in green have signed on as co-sponsors. Please call your Senators as soon as possible. With the support we currently have in the House and the tremendous amount of work being done by Sen. Baucus’ and Rep. Miller’s staff, this is our best opportunity to see the CGM awarded to the Force this year.

Also, please ask family and friends to call. Calling the Congressional offices is the most effective way to ask for their support. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, email and/or mail it to everyone you know who is willing to help us honor the legendary men of the First Special Service Force.

If you have any questions, call me at (406) 495-0382 or email at [email protected]

--

papajoad

Member HRS & 6th Corps LHG

[email protected]

www.20thcenturygi.com

www.fssf6-3.com

http/www.6thcorpslhg.com/

http/www.sitrepvietnam.webs.com/

http/38thparallel.webs.com.

"see you out there" 8)

"Ne Obliviscuris"

April 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply